Re: st: Using 64 bits stata to increase memory

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Using 64 bits stata to increase memory
Date   Tue, 17 May 2011 21:25:18 +0000

<>
>> I have a question: if I use a Stata MP 64 bits it would be possible to load this kind of dataset?

Sorry I should have read your post more carefully.  You already have a 64-bit system w/ 4G of RAM.  Stata 11 MP will not make a difference in the amount of RAM you can allocate -- it changes the # of processors that can be used for computation.    You need to install the 64-bit version of Stata 11  (this will be an option when installing from the disc).

- Eric
__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute