Re: st: Increasing Stata Memory

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Increasing Stata Memory
Date   Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:00:46 -0500

Are you running 64bit Stata? If 32bit, Win 7 may be running
it as an XP app.

J Taylor wrote:
I just purchased a new laptop with 8 gb of memory, running on 64 bit
Windows 7.  I am trying to use a  just-under 3 gb dataset with Stata
10.1/SE.  I try

set mem 3g

But stata says “op. sys. refuses to provide memory,” and it will only
let me go up to about 1400m.  Is it possible for me to use this data
on my laptop (besides having to find a way to make it smaller)?  Can I
increase the memory Stata uses?

Thanks,
JT