Re: st: using weights for a robust regression

From   kankeu hyacinthe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: using weights for a robust regression
Date   Wed, 11 May 2011 20:37:47 +0100 (BST)

Thank you very much Maarten.
Your answer helped me to find a solution, as i have read again the description of how to use "weights" option on STATA.
kind regards

KANKEU TCHEWONPI Hyacinthe

--- En date de : Mar 10.5.11, Maarten Buis <[email protected]> a écrit :

De: Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
Objet: Re: st: using weights for a robust regression
À: [email protected]
Date: Mardi 10 mai 2011, 9h18

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM, kankeu hyacinthe wrote:
> I would like to know how to solve the fact that "iweights"  is not allowed with robust on STATA.

To quote -help weight-:

"iweights have no formal statistical definition; any command that
supports iweights will define exactly how they are treated.  Usually,
they are intended for use by programmers who want to produce a certain
computation."

The consequence of this is that robust standard errors in combination
with iweights are in all likelihood just not defined, and no program
can compute something that has no definition...

In all likelihood you have -pweights-, in which case you'll
automatically have robust standard errors even if you do not specify
-robust-.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

*