Re: st: RE: Noconst in cointegration relationship in VECM

From   Charles Koss <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Noconst in cointegration relationship in VECM
Date   Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:36:49 -0500

After the clarification of Gustavo Sanchez from Stata.  Now, let's say
I choose 'trend(none)’ how to obtain the standard errors for the
estimated impulse response functions?

According to the reference manual, Stata version 10 can not do that.
Then, the analysis is incomplete using stata command vec. Usually, the
parameter estimates after vec is the beginning of the analysis.

Then the questions are: can Stata do it? If yes, how to do it?

e.g.
use http://www.stata-press.com/data/r11/urates
vec missouri indiana kentucky illinois, trend(none) rank(2) lags(4)
irf create vec1, set(vecirfs2) step(50)
irf graph oirf, impulse(indiana) response(missouri)
//stata does not provide the confidence inverval that could be constructed if
//standard errors were available.

Charles

--
Charles Koss