Re: st: Fixed Effects GLS

From   May Ster <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Fixed Effects GLS
Date   Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:58:15 +0100

Dear all,

If i'm not wrong, the -xtgls- does only available for random effects.
I guess i do get what you mean Andrea that you want to get an estimate
of what you mentioned " the
(T-1)*(T-1) covariance matrix of the error component is not an
identity matrix (multiplicated for sigma) but it is estimated in a
first stage"

Then i guess... there might not be an option for FE-GLS as what you
might want to do in STATA?

Am i right here?

Maysa,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Andrea Morescalchi
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Thank you vey much Mark. I will look into this interpretation of FE, which I
> didn't know.
>
> But, regardless of the definition, I still do not understand how to tell
> Stata to estimate what in the 10 Chapter of Wooldridge (2002) is called
> FEGLS. Basically, I would like to estimate in Stata a FE where the
> (T-1)*(T-1) covariance matrix of the error component is not an identity
> matrix (multiplicated for sigma) but it is estimated in a first stage.
>
> Thanks
> Andrea
>
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:28:47 +0100
>  "Schaffer, Mark E" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Andrea,

>>> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Andrea