Re: st: panel var routine challenge

From   HOVE SEEDWELL <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: panel var routine challenge
Date   Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:32:20 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks.
It worked after changing directory

Seedie

----- Original Message ----
From: Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Fri, 25 March, 2011 11:11:24
Subject: Re: st: panel var routine challenge

How about changing directory so that you can write files?

A networked Stata may well fire up so you are initially in some public
space. It is difficult to see how you can use Stata effectively
without being able to use directories of your own, even if only on a
memory stick or some other external device.

-help cd- to find out about changing directories.

If this isn't clear or doesn't solve the problem, talk to someone who
knows about your institution's Stata set-up.

Nick

*  http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
*  http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*  http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/