Re: st: bug in bs4rw (or bug in Stata?)

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: bug in bs4rw (or bug in Stata?)
Date   Wed, 23 Mar 2011 22:12:34 +0000

It's a fine point.

Stata is doing its best to diagnose the problem. If it was more
conservative, it would simply say "syntax error" and people would want
more detail. As it is, it tries to provide more detail, and it doesn't
always diagnose right.

In any case, what other interpretations would an isolated comma bear
-- given your -syntax- statement?

Nick