st: Display of unformatted value in browser

From   Thomas Speidel <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Display of unformatted value in browser
Date   Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:33:08 -0700

...<
As a late adopter of Stata 11, I recently found out that unlike Stata 10
and below, the display of information in the data browser is slightly
different and was wondering if this was done on purpose (and if so for what reason) or whether it was an oversight. If I had a properly formatted date
variable in Stata 10 (%d), viewing this variable in the browser would
display its true unformatted value in the top box. Doing the same in Stata 11 would reveal its formatted value. I found the previous behaviour useful
to quickly verify that a date variable was properly read or created.

--
Thomas Speidel