Re: st: Re: loop: how can I download CSV files and append it

From   "Joseph Coveney" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: loop: how can I download CSV files and append it
Date   Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:34:55 +0900

Daniel Marcelino wrote:

Thanks for help Joseph, but with your proposed approach I still getting erro.

See a sample of web address.

[remainder omitted]

Looking at one of the Web addresses you showed, the files are
semicolon-delimited, and not CSV files.  So, change the -insheet- line

from

    insheet using "`website`i''", names comma clear

    insheet using "`website`i''", names delimiter(";") clear

and change the -outsheet- line the same way (I didn't catch that in your R
code),

from

    outsheet using ap.csv, comma names quote

    outsheet using ap.csv, delimiter(";") names quote

Note that the column names in those files aren't valid Stata variable names, and
so Stata will automatically assign them valid variable names and place the
original column headers text into the variables' variable labels.

Joseph Coveney

P.S. Also, change the last line of the last post

from

    The local macros' contents are retrieved in the second loop as
    `website'`i' . . .