Re: st: st. sampclus

From   César Mora <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: st. sampclus
Date   Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:37:05 -0500

Don't worry
Thank you very much,  I  resolved my problem yet!!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joerg Luedicke" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: st: st. sampclus

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 3:05 PM, César Mora <[email protected]> wrote:

* I want to know, how to capture n1(corrected) in scalar. In other words I
want to know the equivalent commad "scalar name=r(N_1)" for sampclus.

sampclus is not returning anything. If you really need this
information as a scalar you could tune the sampclus ado file. Only 2
little changes would be needed:

1) In the program define line at the beginning, rclass should be
added, so instead of

program define sampclus

it should look like this:

program define sampclus, rclass

2) At the very end of the program you can insert the following right
before the end statement:

return scalar N_2 = `newn2'
return scalar N_1 = `newn1'

so the end of the program should look like this:

return scalar N_2 = `newn2'
return scalar N_1 = `newn1'

end

When you save the program and run it again, type -return list-. Now
you can capture the desired information.

hth

J.

* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/