Re: st: draw a hypothetical continuous curve on an existent stata graph

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: draw a hypothetical continuous curve on an existent stata graph
Date   Sat, 5 Mar 2011 09:09:20 +0000

Naturally, or rather usually, there is scope for that.

If you are using -twoway- directly, you superimpose a call to -twoway
function-.

-twoway kdensity- is an example.

If you are using a well-written program that is a wrapper for
-twoway-, it should include a -plot()- or -addplot()- option that lets
you add such a call.

-kdensity- is an example.

If neither of these is clearly a solution in your case, you may need
to provide more precise information on what commands you are using.

The Graph Editor is great for what it does, but quite the wrong Stata
tool for this purpose.

Nick.