st: draw a hypothetical continuous curve on an existent stata graph

From   Amanda Fu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: draw a hypothetical continuous curve on an existent stata graph
Date   Sat, 5 Mar 2011 01:01:42 -0500

Dear Statalisters,

I was wondered if there is any easy way to edit the Stata graphs by
adding some additional  hypothetical curves. For example, I have
created a kernel density distribution curve based on a variable in the
data set. Then I would like to add another hypothetical curve (I made
it up; it is not based on data) in the shape of a continuous curve to
the existent graph.It seems if there is a drawing pen in the editing
tool, that will be great. But the graph editing does not have this
toil. Is there any way to draw some shape by hand in Stata graph? Or,
for these tasks it is better to switch to other software?

Thanks for your time!

Best wishes,
Amanda