Re: st: Comparing two response variables

From   Debs Majumdar <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Comparing two response variables
Date   Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:32:03 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I should have been more clearer with the question. The regressions  were
performed for case-mix adjustment. The predicted values from these  regressions
were then used to to generate ranks.  The process is as  follows:

The data is collected from 10000 students who had answered questions  (ordinal
items) regarding their teachers (500). There were two total  scores computed out
of their responses, one with 5 items and one with 7  (same 5 + additional 2). I
have been told that this new one (total score  out of the 7 items) makes more
sense qualitatively. I just want to  figure out if one can quantify this.

Initially, case-mix adjustment is done for each of the scores with  respect to
student characteristics (gender, major etc.) using `-areg'. Then the dataset is
collapsed by teachers and in the last step the teachers are ranked.

I have the same opinion as Joerg that one one really need ans external variable
to justify this. The other thing I was thinking if I can use any resampling
techniques where I generate data corresponding to the null hypothesis that both
are equally good and so on. I don't know if that's feasible for this case
though.

Thank you,

Debs