Re: st: Log Transformation of Variable

From   Melissa King <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Log Transformation of Variable
Date   Sun, 27 Feb 2011 14:25:15 -0500

Hi All,

Thank you for your responses to my post. As Fernando, Nick and Gordon
pointed out, I did not want to multiply my function by (-log-e), which
was a typo. I wanted to multiply each data point by the negative of
log, and THEN subtract out the base of the log. I eventually figured
out how to generate the transformed variable using the following:

generate transformed_variable = -ln(variable) - exp(1)

Sorry to have submitted such a confusing post. This is what happens
when you work too many 16-hour days in a row. Next time I will sleep
on it before wasting anyone's time. Rich, this question actually had
nothing to to with my own work; it had to do with some unusual data my
husband Marty was working with.

Melissa