RE: st: Adding up constraints in a nonlinear system of share equations

From   Alex Olssen <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Adding up constraints in a nonlinear system of share equations
Date   Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:28:40 +1300

Thanks Brian,

I will follow up those links.

I am aware the shares SUM to one because of the restrictions.  My question is whether or not the individual shares are constrained to the [0,1] interval.  I.e., could I get some shares to be zero or others to be one.  I think your recommended articles may well solve this problem because it is essentially a corner solution problem and I guess in demand share estimation the corner solution expenditure share = 1 is never really a problem.

Thanks a lot, you have been very helpful these last two days.

Warm regards,

Alex Olssen
Research Analyst
Motu Economic & Public Policy Research
Ph 939 4250  Fax 939 4251
This email contains information which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this email or attachments. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by return email, facsimile or telephone and delete this email. Thank you