st: RE: Comparing two different Correlation Coefficents

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Comparing two different Correlation Coefficents
Date   Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:27:36 +0000

In addition to other answers, note that there is no necessary relation between regression and Spearman correlation.

Rilke Rainer Michael

does anyone know how I compare to correlation coefficients (spearman)
from one sample?

The thing is, that I would like to measure the relationship between lets
say x and z and y and z. After that I would like to test whether this
relationship between both differs significantly. Another way to do this
might be, to ran two similar regression models (reg x z and reg y z) and
compare the two b[z] of both models. Does anyone know how to do this in
Stata?