st: binary_mediation

From   Bo MacInnis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: binary_mediation
Date   Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:42:32 -0800

Hi, Statalisters,

I'm trying to use the wonderful program binary_mediation for my analysis
where all the variables (IV, mediators, and DV) are dichotomous.

In the past, I posted a question and got excellent responses from Phil
Ender and Maarten Buis:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-08/msg00011.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-08/msg00013.html

I am wishfully thinking that it would be so wonderful if
binary_mediation would produce the values of a1 and b1 (and a2 and b2
etc) in addition to the current list of outputs (such as indir1, indir2,
etc), because I'd like to plot the values for the sides of the typical
media triangle where values a1/b1 are plotted separately.

I have  calculated a1/b1 based the spreadsheet provided by N. Herr
http://nrherr.bol.ucla.edu/Mediation/logmed.html  .

I also have multiple (dichotomous) mediators for which I will need the
values of a1/b1, a2/b2, and a3/b3, and N. Herr's spreadsheet assumes one
mediator. I could probably extend the formula to include multiple
mediators, but it would be awfully nice if someone who is expert on this
has already done so.

It is just my wish. I am grateful for the binary_mediation program.
Since binary_mediation must calculate a1/b1 etc, I thought it would be
really nice if it would output these values.

Thank you,
Bo MacInnis