Re: st: RE: Multilevel survival analysis

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Multilevel survival analysis
Date   Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:53:41 -0500

Poisson regression is equivalent to fitting an exponential survival distribution by maximum likelihood. The exponential distribution is the most unrealistic of distributions, for it assumes that the baseline hazard function is constant in time. To fit more believable distributions, see Chapter 7 of the GLLAMM manual.

Steve
[email protected]