st: Multilevel survival analysis

From   Katie Brooks Biello <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Multilevel survival analysis
Date   Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:30:17 -0500

Hi -
I am using Stata/SE 11.1 for Windows (32-bit). I have multilevel data where individuals are nested in metropolitan areas (MAs). I have a time-to-event outcome, and want to estimate the effect of an MA-level variable on this time-to-event outcome, controlling for other MA-level variables and individual-level variables. In other words, I am hoping to do the survival equivalent of HLM. It is my understanding that Stata 11 can perform multilevel survival analysis but I can not find direct guidance on what commands are used and how this is performed. Does anyone have experience with this? Can you offer up the code necessary to run this?

Thank you,

Katie Brooks Biello, MPH
PhD Candidate
Yale University
School of Epidemiology and Public Health