R: st: Poisson Regression

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: Poisson Regression
Date   Mon, 14 Feb 2011 18:00:16 +0100

Dear Alexandra,
thank you for providing the link to the article published on BMC.
However this article:
 - simply compares different regression and survival analysis models:
 - highlight the (well known) difference between risk ratio and odd ratios
and the possible misleading consequences of mistaking one for another;
- unfortunately (as it is often the caee), does not provide you with a hard
and fast rule for your query.

I do share Marteen's view that you are the only one who can judge over the
best fitting model for your research data, considering the hypotheses you
made (that should be consistent with the theory underlying the model) and
taking a look at previous reserch strategies on the same topic you are
dealing with.

All the Best for you and for your reserch project.

Kindest Regards,
Carlo