Re: st: replication weights for data with strata with single PSU

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: replication weights for data with strata with single PSU
Date   Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:55:18 -0500

Patrick, the FAQ ask that you reference contributed commands. -svr- is a package written by Nick Winter and can be found by typing "findit svr".

Graubard and Korn (Analysis of Health Surveys, 1999, Wiley, p. 204) have a section on your question. The best approach is to collapse strata "that are most alike with regard to presampled characteristics". To use all the data, I would split the largest of the single strata into two pseudo-strata. Collapsing will increase the apparent variance and splitting will decrease it, so the ultimate estimate will probably be conservative. If you want to analyze that split stratum stratum as a domain, then you should join the pieces again.

Steve
[email protected]