st: replication weights for data with strata with single PSU

From   "McCabe, Patrick J" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: replication weights for data with strata with single PSU
Date   Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:58:42 -0500

Statalist,

I have a question about how to create replication weights using svr.  I'm working with complex sampled nationally representative data.  The data includes non-self representative strata that have two PSUs and self representative strata with only one PSU.  To use svr I need two PSU for each strata, my question is is it better to collapse self representative strata with only one PSU together (unfortunately there is an odd number of these) or should I randomly split the PSU in the self representative strata?

Patrick