Re: st: Interactions between tsset and sort

From   Gordon Hughes <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Interactions between tsset and sort
Date   Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:58:29 +0000

Thank you for both suggestions.  I will consider both of them.  Two remarks:

A.  The manual entry for xtset states that

"One of the syntaxes of tsset is tsset panelvar timevar, which is identical to one of xtset's syntaxes, namely, xtset panelvar timevar. Here they are in fact the same command ..."

I think that the --xtset-- behaviour of not sorting the data may only apply when you use --xtset panelvar-- which is not sufficient for my purpose as I need to identify the time variable as well. I had taken the manual literally, but I may have misinterpreted it.

B. Writing a modified version of tsset (xtset) - e.g. spatset - would offer the possibility of setting data up for other kinds of spatial analysis, so it would be interesting to find out what features potential users might regards as being useful.

Gordon Hughes