st: RE: hausman test results

From   DE SOUZA Eric <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: hausman test results
Date   Fri, 11 Feb 2011 19:19:33 +0100

The results indicate that you did something wrong.  The kind of results you get is what would happen if did the following:
webuse grunfeld
xtreg invest mvalue kstock, fe
estimates store fef
xtreg invest mvalue kstock, fe
estimates store ref
hausman fef ref

Did you get the following message before your test output?

Note: the rank of the differenced variance matrix (0) does not equal the number of coefficients being tested (2); be
        sure this is what you expect, or there may be problems computing the test.  Examine the output of your
        estimators for anything unexpected and possibly consider scaling your variables so that the coefficients are on
        a similar scale.

Eric de Souza
College of Europe
Brugge (Bruges), Belgium