st: RE: pscore question

From   Jan Bryla <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: pscore question
Date   Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:04:15 +0100

Dear Dan

My guess would be simply to have a look at pscore.ado and adapt it slightly (I don't know if this is accepted - but it should help you along the way). The pscore.ado file has a code segment which reads

---

di in ye _newline(3) "**************************************************** "
di in ye	     "Algorithm to estimate the propensity score "
di in ye	     "**************************************************** "

di _newline(2) in ye "The treatment is `T'"

tab `T'  if `touse'==1

di _newline(3) "Estimation of the propensity score "

if `"`logit'"' != `""'  {
   capture drop comsup
   logit `varlist' [`weight'`exp'] if `touse'==1
}
else {
   capture drop comsup
   probit `varlist' [`weight'`exp'] if `touse'==1
}

tempvar epscore

qui predict double `epscore' if `touse'==1

/*******/
/* NEW */
/*******/

*capture drop `pscore'

qui gen double `pscore' = `epscore'
label var `pscore' "Estimated propensity score"

My guess would be, that adapting

qui gen double `pscore' = `epscore'

Qui gen double `pscore'=*your already estimated propensity score*

Should do the trick. I haven't had the chance to try it - but maybe you can take it from here.

Hope this helps

Jan Bryla
The Danish Bankers Association