Re: st: collecting tabulate results

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: collecting tabulate results
Date   Tue, 8 Feb 2011 18:31:26 +0000

You can do this in Stata in various ways. Here is one.

-tabm- from the -tab_chi- package on SSC has a  -replace- option that
overwrites the data in memory with a dataset containing the data for
this graph. In this script I create a small dataset and then push it
through -tabm-. I just found out that -graph- does not like the name
_values used by -tabm-, so I changed it.

clear
set obs 100
local i = 1
foreach v in a b c d e f g h {
	gen `v' = runiform() < `i'/10
	local ++i
}

tabm a-h, replace

rename _values values
label def values 0 no 1 yes
label val values values

graph bar (mean) values, over(_stack) ytitle(fraction using)

Nick