Re: st: collecting tabulate results

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: collecting tabulate results
Date   Tue, 8 Feb 2011 18:20:20 +0000

<>

Here's 2 options to consider:

**************************!
**Watch for wrappping-->

//create fake dataset//
clear
set obs 900
foreach a in A B C D E F G H I {
loc r .45
if inlist("`a'", "A", "C", "D", "F") loc r .8
g N8`a' = rbinomial(1, `r')
}
*********

**1.
//percent of Pos. Responses//
graph bar (mean) N8* , blabel(bar) ///
	name(g1, replace) title(Program %)
//freq of Pos. Responses//
preserve
recode N8* (0=.)
graph bar (count) N8*  , blabel(bar) ///
	name(g2, replace) title(Program Freq)
restore
gr combine g1 g2

**2.
//create graph from summary dataset//
loc d _N    //captures the total N for calc
preserve
ds
collapse (sum) `r(varlist)'
xpose, clear varname
rename _varname prgm
rename v1 freq
g pct = freq/`d'

foreach v in freq pct {
graph bar (asis) `v', over(prgm, sort(1)) ///
	title(`v')	name(g`v', replace) blabel(bar)
	loc clist g`v' `clist'
	}
gr combine `clist'
restore