Re: st: Change reference group in logistic regression

From   Morten Støver <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Change reference group in logistic regression
Date   Fri, 04 Feb 2011 09:03:53 +0100

Hello. I don't have Stata 11, but I did it like Maarten L. Buis, and it worked. Don't know what I did wrong the first time.
Thanks!
Morten S

Michael N. Mitchell wrote:
Dear Morten

If you are using Stata 11, you can get rid of the xi: prefix and specify the omitted group like this...

logit foreign ib3.rep78

which says that -rep78- is an indicator variable, and the baseline (omitted) group is 3. Or you can say

logit foreign ib4.rep78

  and the fourth group is the omitted group.

The -fvset- command can be used to permanently change the reference group (like the -char- command).

I hope that helps,

Michael N. Mitchell
Data Management Using Stata - http://www.stata.com/bookstore/dmus.html A Visual Guide to Stata Graphics - http://www.stata.com/bookstore/vgsg.html
Stata tidbit of the week         - http://www.MichaelNormanMitchell.com