Re: st: NEW MODULE: wbdata - World Bank Data Bases

From   JP Azevedo <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: NEW MODULE: wbdata - World Bank Data Bases
Date   Thu, 3 Feb 2011 19:58:46 -0500

Dear Austin,

Many thanks for your comments.

I have been checking some of the reference and noticed the following:

(1) this module was never deposited in SSC.

(2)  In fact, the software is NOT even available from the SJ website!
This may be some problem on the Journal's end.
net from "http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj6-4/";
does not list st0115.

(3) the link provided by the author, and reported when we use the
findit command does not work.
net from http://www.hs.le.ac.uk/research/HCG/winbugsfromstata/

(4) I also came accross Darren Greenwood website
(http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~hssdg/Stata/) which also has
references on the use of WinBugs and Stata. There I found another link
to winbugsfromstata. Which is also not working.

net from http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/health-sciences/extranet/BGE/genetic-epidemiology/gedownload/winbugsfromstata/
net describe winbugsfromstata
net install winbugsfromstata

Given all of this I would prefer to keep the wbdata name.

Best,

JP