st: Regressions with combinatorial of variables

From   José Luis Chávez Calva <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Regressions with combinatorial of variables
Date   Tue, 1 Feb 2011 13:02:49 -0600

Hi,

I have to run different regressions with combinations of variables (I
have 131 vars), the problem is the following

I have to run:
    reg var1
case 1) var1 is significant, then
    reg var1 var2
case 2) car1 is not significant, then
    reg var2
In both cases, if var2 is significant, then
case 1) reg var1 var2 var3
case 2) reg var2 var3
In both cases, if var2 is not significant, then
case 1) reg var1 var3
case 2) reg var3
And so on, in fact it is a kind of tree, I have tried different
especifications (forvalues, locals, if,etc.) but I didn´t have
results, I'm wondering if some of you have worked with something like
this.

Thanks

best regards

José Luis

p.s. It is for obtain a smoother of the serie.