Re: st: Sample selection correction models with fixed-effects

From   Ivy Kodzi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Sample selection correction models with fixed-effects
Date   Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:49:35 -0500

Thank you, Austin for the feedback. So far, I have limited the
analysis to cases with birthweight data. I  have also tested
interaction effects (parity and "income") and have found that the
parity effects are not depend on income levels. So, if I understand
you correctly, it sounds like there might be little additional benefit
in doing  further "correction" for the missingness problem using a
parametric method like the Heckman model.

Thank you also for the insights about why it would be wrong to include
dummies for mothers. I totally get you.