st: Cnreg with fixed effect

From   Milet Emmanuel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Cnreg with fixed effect
Date   Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:50:51 +0100

Dear Stata users,

I intend to run a Cnreg estimation with fixed effect. The routine on Stata does not include any fixed effect option, so I add them one by one. I have a panel with many dimensions (year*country*firm*product) and my censoring variable is year*country*product specific.

I estimate exports (at the year*country*firm*product level) using GDP, Distance, Population, etc...

I replace all the zero flows by the smallest amount exported to a givern country for a given product a given year. So in the end, my export variable is both firm-specific and has some observations that are year*country*nef specific.

My problem is that the procedure takes too much time to run (when I include all the fixed effects, there are almost 8000). I am looking for a way to transform my variables in order to get rid of the fixed effect (like substracting the mean if I were running an xtreg with 2 dimensions). This cannot work here however, since my censoring variable is not firm-specific.

E.Milet
University Paris 1
Paris, France