Re: st: r(610)

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: r(610)
Date   Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:15:13 +0000

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Aggie Chidlow
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Thank you for your advise, Nick.
>
> As I am currently waiting to update Stata and don't want to waste
> time, would you mind telling me how I can read her data from the text
> file? Advance apologies if this is a silly question.

Ask her to -outsheet- the data which you can then -insheet- (or
-infile-).  These are some of the most common and basic commands for
getting data into/out of Stata and you would do well to familiarise
yourself with them now.  I'd recommend reading the help pages for both
commands to see what options there are (e.g. whether or not to
-outsheet- with labels or not).

Neil
--
“Truth in science can be defined as the working hypothesis best suited
to open the way to the next better one.” - Konrad Lorenz

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://kimura.no-ip.org/