Re: st: Can we use the standard binary choice model?

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Can we use the standard binary choice model?
Date   Mon, 24 Jan 2011 15:12:11 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 24/1/11, Quang Nguyen wrote:
> The model is kinda comlicated to present in detail here.

The devil is in the details with these types of models. So
if you choose not to give us the details, then we obviously
cannot give you much more than we have already given you.

> An example of such model is women's childbearing decision
> in which x1=10 and x2=50.

Assuming that x (you should think carefully whether you
realy want to use that symbol for bounds, as it will often
be confused with some explanatory variable) is measured in
years then you'll probably have only 1's in your data, and
you won't be able to estimate any model.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen