st: Creating local from levelsof exceeding 255 characters

From   "Palan, Stefan (stefan.palan@uni-graz.at)" <stefan.palan@uni-graz.at>
Subject   st: Creating local from levelsof exceeding 255 characters
Date   Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:44:02 +0100

Hi everybody,

I want to use the levelsof command to create a local macro. Unfortunately, the result exceeds the 255 characters Stata stores in a local macro. Is there some way I can circumvent this? Do I have to split up the output of levelsof and save in in two macros (and how do I do that)?

Cheers,
Stefan.

Stefan Palan
Assistant Professor