st: RE: Eststo and Esttab

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Eststo and Esttab
Date   Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:23:21 +0000

This is a reference to programs written by Ben Jann on SSC. Please remember to explain where user-written programs you refer to come from. That is a longstanding request on this list.

I don't know what your problem is really. There is no reason why these programs should stop working with Stata 11.1.

It sounds as if you have not installed -esttab- and -eststo- so that your Stata can not see the files in question: either you didn't install anything, or your -adopath- does not include the locations of the files.

In short, you must install user-written programs for Stata to be able to run them.

This problem should disappear if you install properly from SSC. If it appears otherwise, you will need to explain in more detail exactly what you mean.

Claude Francoeur

I am unable to use a do file that contains the commands "eststo" and
"esttab".  Stata 11.1 does not recognize the eststo command anymore.
Anybody know if these commands are still valiable?

Thank you for your precious help.