Re: Fw: Re: Re: st: to use 'fe' and 'cl' options

From   "S. Lindelauf" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Fw: Re: Re: st: to use 'fe' and 'cl' options
Date   Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:14:51 +0100

Thank you,your answers helped me a lot.
And also thanks for the warning. I'll do  it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To: stata list <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:43:41 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Fw: Re: Re: st: to use 'fe' and 'cl' options

--- On Wed, 22/12/10, S. Lindelauf > wrote me privately:
> So I cannot use 'fe' and 'cl' together due to has been
> replaced by -vce()- and -vce() doent support cluster
> anymore.
>
> But there must be some way to do it, or should I found 8th
> version, maybe it supoorts.

The convention on statalist is to post follow up questions
to the statalist and not sent them privately. The main
reason is that others may be following this thread, or in
the future have the same problem as you do. In that case
they might also be interested in this follow up question.

To answer your question: No that is not what I meant. I
only explained that you should not look in the helpfile for
the -cluster()- option but for the -vce()- option. It was
not meant to give a reason of why cluster was not allowed.
In fact I do not know why it is not allowed. However,
allowing clustered standard errors is very much standard
for Stata, so whenever StataCorp decides not to allow it,
then you can be pretty sure that they have a very good
reason for it.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie