Re: st: R-squared or intraclass correlation in xtmixed.

From   Clara Barata <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: R-squared or intraclass correlation in xtmixed.
Date   Sat, 27 Nov 2010 09:44:07 -0500

Hi Toby!
You can get an icc from xtmixed by using the xtmrho command. You need
to install it first by running "ssc install xtmrho, replace" and then
running the xtmrho command immediately after your xtmixed command. As
for R2, I tried computing pseudo-r2 by hand using the variance
estimates outputted by xtmixed at the two levels, but I could never
quite match the ones outputted by xtreg with a similar equation.
Here's my previous posting on this issue:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-09/msg00072.html
I hope you get some more answers!
Clara