Re: st: maps with spmap

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: maps with spmap
Date   Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:50:14 +0000

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 4:40 PM, sara borelli <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear Statalisters,
> I created some maps for US counties using spmap.
> I then saved them as stata graph and copied into word, but the size of the files is pretty large.
> I am not sure if there is a way to save those maps in a format that creates smaller files and  that can then be imported into word

Assuming you're using an M$-Windows variant you should consider -graph
export path/to/file.emf, as(emf)- or -graph export path/to/file.wmf,
as(wmf)- as you should then be able to resize images easily (in fact
you should be able to do this to any inserted image within word, not
sure if thats possible if pasting things in though and don't have
access to Word to check).

See -man graph export- for more details/help.

Neil

--
"Our civilization would be pitifully immature without the intellectual
revolution led by Darwin" - Motoo Kimura, The Neutral Theory of

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://kimura-no-ip.org/