st: [UNCLASSIFIED] invalid 'Settings' in nearmrg

From   "Lucchino, Paolo" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: [UNCLASSIFIED] invalid 'Settings' in nearmrg
Date   Fri, 5 Nov 2010 15:32:23 -0000

Hello all,

I'm having some problems getting the command nearmrg to work. I get this error message:

invalid 'Settings'
r(198);

Would seem like there is some syntax error in the coding?

Grateful for any advice you may have.

I'm pasting some example datesets and the commands I use.

Thanks,
Paolo

file ageinfo1
        +----------------------------+
        id   gender   age   income
        ----------------------------
1.      1        1    34       23
2.      2        2    40       43
3.      3        1    25       21
4.      4        1    12       56
5.      5        2    18       75
        +----------------------------+
file ageinfo 2
        +-----------------------------+
        id   gender   age   income
        -----------------------------
1.      12         2    34       12
2.      213        2    40       32
3.      314        1    25       32
4.      415        1    12       12
5.      516        2    18       65
        +-----------------------------+

use ageinfo1
sort gender age
save, replace

use ageinfo2
sort gender age
nearmrg gender using ageinfo1, nearvar(age) genmatch(_match)

If you have received this email and it was not intended for you,
please let us know, and then delete it.  Please treat our
information in confidence, as you would expect us to treat yours.

All our information systems may be monitored to ensure
that they are operating correctly.  Furthermore, the content of
emails and other data on these systems may be examined,
in exceptional circumstances, for the purpose of investigating
or detecting any unauthorised use.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.