Re: st: Stata 12: wish list

From   Sridhar Telidevara <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 12: wish list
Date   Tue, 2 Nov 2010 17:53:52 +0530

The dual objectives of any  software like stata are to assist

1. Research, and

2. Presentation of the results obtained from the research.

I believe that the former is more difficult to design that suits
everybody's requirements. This is where I am flexible and I am full of
praise for stata modules and user programs.  However the latter is
easier and that is where lot of standardization can be made so that
researchers do not have to spend their time breaking their heads
figuring out how to insert mean in a box plot etc. I am sure most of
you would agree with me on this. I understand that not everything can
be perfected but we can push the horizons. Flexibility and
standardization are both important  for researchers.

Sridhar