st: How to expand the data using set-variables

From   Badri <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to expand the data using set-variables
Date   Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:18:37 -0400

Dear Statalist users

I have a global tariff data that contains observations corresponding
to sectors (defined by variable sec), exporters (defined by variable
exp) and importers (defined by variable imp). Both exp and imp are
sets, but defined in numbers.

While there is data for all observations corresponding to exp and imp
elements that are not identical ( exp!=imp), there are no observations
where exp==imp. Now I want to expand the data by a number of
observations that have exp==imp. I know the number of observations
required to do this. Is there any way I can do this in stata? Mata
programming or other simpler ways?

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated!

--
With Warm Regards
Dr. Badri Narayanan. G.