Re: st: Questions about selmlog and svyselmlog

From   "Yu(Sophia) Zhang" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Questions about selmlog and svyselmlog
Date   Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:35:29 -0400

Dear Joao,

   Thanks for your patient explanation. I thought I understood what
you mean. But when I followed the rule and made sure that the
dependent variable has non-missing values for only one category, the
same error still showed up.

    What I understand the correct data structure about missing values
of depvar is like this:

   depvar    varlist, select ( depvar_m  =   varlist_m)....

    500          x                        1                      z
    456          x                        1                      z
    529          x                        1                      z
    601          x                        1                      z
    miss         x                        2                      z
    547          x                        2                      z
    408          x                        2                      z
    620          x                        3                      z
    599          x                        3                      z
    512          x                        3                      z
    miss         x                        3                      z
    miss         x                        3                     z

    So the depvar has non-missing values for category 1 only. It has
missing values for all the other categories (2 and 3).

    Would you please kindly correct me if I am wrong?

    I appologize to ask another question. If the command works, how
could save the variable lambda (Heckman correction term)?

    I appreciate your help a lot!

    Yu