st:appropriate test

From   Rajaram Subramanian Potty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st:appropriate test
Date   Wed, 6 Oct 2010 12:12:41 +0530

Dear all,

I have data from two rounds of survey conducted in the same areas
(PSUs). But the individual are selected independently in both the
rounds from these areas using the same statistical approaches. What
would be the appropriate analysis that would be carried out to test
the difference in some of the indicators between the two periods. For,
example I want to test the difference in HIV prevalence between the
two rounds. Is it appropriate to use the survey command by considering
the PSUs are the same in both the rounds and setting the survey design
according to our study. After that fitting svy: logistic to examine
the difference in two rounds, is this correct way of testing the
difference between the two rounds. Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.

RAM