Re: st: survival analysis with unknown censoring

Subject   Re: st: survival analysis with unknown censoring
Date   Sat, 11 Sep 2010 18:08:23 -0400

--

Stefan:

I don't believe there is much that you can infer. Suppose you have two
groups to compare. Consider the following two scenarios:

Scenario *
 In group 1, all B events and censoring take place long before the
first A event. In group 2, all B events and censoring take place after
the last A event. In this scenario, with complete data, the estimated
A hazard rates would be higher in group 1 than in group 2.

Scenario **
The censoring and B event patterns in the two groups are reversed.
With complete data, the estimated A hazard rates in group 2 would be
higher than those in group 1..

The two scenarios are extreme and unrealistic, but your _data_ cannot
distinguish between them.

Steve

Steven J. Samuels
[email protected]