Re: st: using -drop if- with weights

Subject   Re: st: using -drop if- with weights
Date   Mon, 6 Sep 2010 06:30:35 -0400

--
 Luis must mean "standard deviation", not "standard error", and the SD
is the statistic that Maarten used.  Standard errors are functions of

*****************************
set more off
sysuse auto, clear
sum mpg
list if abs(mpg-r(mean)>3*r(sd))
replace mpg = 50 in 1/5 //5 new outliers
sum mpg
list if abs(mpg-r(mean)>3*r(sd)) //gone!

capture which mcd
if _rc net install st0173_1.pkg

mcd mpg, e(20) gen(outlier rdist) setseed(5000)
list mpg if outlier //found!
Steve

Steven J. Samuels
[email protected]