Re: st: stata 10 on vista installed with a different serial number with respect to the real one

Subject   Re: st: stata 10 on vista installed with a different serial number with respect to the real one
Date   Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:04:15 -0400

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Caterina Astarita
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the installation of STATA 10. I'm trying
> to install Stata 10 on Vista and, even if the procedure seems to
> work in the sense that Stata runs, it has the wrong serial
> number. This imply, I discovered it today, that actually
> it does not work properly (for example it drops variable at
> random). What I should do in order to run the correct
> installation procedure?

After the installation procedure completes, close all the Stata
sessions, and all instances of installer.
Manually delete or remove to another folder the stata.lic file from
the directory where Stata is installed to.
Next time you start Stata, it will automatically ask you for the
registration info. If it does not, type: stinit.
You should have received all the necessary registration info in a
letter from StataCorp when you purchased
your copy of Stata. Enter this information into the form fields.

Depending on your computer's setup, you may need administrative rights
to perform the procedure above
(for example you may need to start the installation as an
administrator, and run Stata for the first time as an
administrator).

Reinitialization of Stata requires special instructions (you can see
this in the dialog box that appears on the
initialized version of Stata). The same message tells you that these
instructions were probably already made
available to you. If not, the phone number to call is 1-800-782-8272
or 979-696-4600. I have not seen these
special instructions, but my guess is that they would be somewhat
similar to the procedure described here.

Special care should be taken if you are switching from one flavor of
Stata to another or doing an upgrade, but
your message does not contain relevant hints.

Best,
    Sergiy Radyakin