AW: st: RE: mfx 2 command

Subject   AW: st: RE: mfx 2 command
Date   Wed, 11 Aug 2010 09:15:05 +0200

<>

" Thanks to Dr. Martin for filling in for me!  "

Note the "Dr." was dropped to comply with list etiquette...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Richard
Williams
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. August 2010 01:58
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: st: RE: mfx 2 command

Thanks to Dr. Martin for filling in for me!  I'll just add that (1)
-margeff-, also available from SSC, is often faster than -mfx2- (but
-margeff- does not support as many programs), and (2), as noted in
the help file for -mfx2-, "only the standard errors of the marginal
effects are correct, hence use of commands like test may produce
incorrect results." Of course, there is also the new -margins-
command, but I am not sure if it provides the same convenience with
multiple-outcome commands like -ologit- that -mfx2- and -margeff- provide.

At 01:25 PM 8/10/2010, Martin Weiss wrote:

><>
>
>***********
>u http://www.indiana.edu/~jslsoc/stata/spex_data/ordwarm2.dta, clear
>ologit warm yr89 male white age ed prst