RE: st: Question about scalars

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Question about scalars
Date   Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:24:36 +0100

Well, that's a question of personal style. Often the natural names for
scalars are very short, because that's the notation used in the
literature for the constants in question. I really don't want to choose
long names in that situation.

But if I'm using scalars in a program, I use tempnames in Stata and
whatever names I like in Mata, so the shared namespace never bites me.

Sergiy Radyakin

Switching to longer (and more readable) names for all your variables
and scalars (macros) will help you avoid
this problem and make the program easier to read and understand.