Re: st: deriving a bootstrap estimate of a difference between two weighted regressions

Subject   Re: st: deriving a bootstrap estimate of a difference between two weighted regressions
Date   Mon, 9 Aug 2010 21:39:49 -0400

To finish off this topic, perhaps:

I had occasion recently to examine the causal association between a
continuous outcome and a two category "treatment" variable.  The
"treated" group constituted about 2% of the sample. The method of
analysis was OLS, and propensity scores had been estimated by logistic
regression.  I computed bootstrap standard errors that included and
excluded the logistic step.

The result: standard errors for  average treatment effects ATE,  ATT,
and ATC  that included the logistic regression were roughly double(!)
the standard errors that did not.

Steve

Steven Samuels
[email protected]